21 K goal reached - #poliac 6, #poprzeczka 21
The objective for today was to continue the #poprzeczka challenge.
The goal or the key result to achieve this was to reach a 21 K count.
The product backlog was very straightforward:
- morning doggy walk
- midday run
- evening doggy walks
- daily activity in between
At the sprint planning, I estimated that the run of around 12 kilometers should be enough, with some additional walking around beside the walks with the dogs.
The development was as follows and the work items completed were:
- morning doggy walk - count of 3,900
- in between activity - count of 1,000 - I was at the online workshop entitled The Why Of Scrum and behind the computer for more than six hours and didn't have much opportunity to walk around
- midday run - count of 12,600 - more than planned
- daily activity - count of 1,200
Which left a count of 2,400 for the final work item, the evening doggy walk.
I am glad to report that the sprint was concluded within the estimate and with a higher key result than needed.
It's 10 pm now and the count is 21,300.
The objective was reached!
With this game, the key results are to be reached every third day. So the sprints are three days long. The retrospective will show any improvement areas. Yet, the sprint review's initial finding is that the current approach is the most prudent. Two days of rest and reaching the result on the third day.
The next sprints and their goals are planned as follows:
- Sunday, 24th - 24 K count
- Wednesday, 27th - 27 K count
- Saturday, 30th - 30 K count
With a healthy commitment of the dev team, those goals are reachable. The refinements will need to be more precise and the support of stakeholders will be needed more with each consecutive goal.
Good luck, everybody!
Better and better