Reminder: Tomorrow, Friday 19h GMT, the first 4 rounds of the Hivechess "Candidates Tournament" will be played!
the very first round robin tournament on Hive will start tomorrow, at the usual time!
13 players have been qualified for the HCT by having sent the registration fee in time. Here is the list of the "candidates":
The number of players is smaller than expected, but on the positive side, this will turn out well regarding the prices! Also the workload to manually track all the results will be more feasible.
It would have been better to get an even number, but there was only a 50% chance for this. It means that in each round one participant is free to watch the other games 😀.
The tournament will go over 26 rounds (if my math is correct)! Unlike initially foreseen, only 4 rounds per day will be played (and 5 in the last 2 days), which means that after 6 weeks we will know who the champion will be!
Please note: White challenges Black at the given time.
Not sure when the tournament starts? Check this Hivechess Fun Arena, to be on the safe side - the Fun Arena starts simultaneously and in parallel. Players in the HCT should apparently NOT participate there.
Round 1, Fri., 08-Apr-2022, 19h GMT (usual start time)
Round 2, Fri., 08-Apr-2022, 19.15h GMT
Round 3, Fri., 08-Apr-2022, 19.30h GMT
Round 4, Fri., 08-Apr-2022, 19.45h GMT
Please post your result after the game in the team chat (typically only the winner posts).
- Registration fee was 10 Hive (registration is closed). At the end of the tournament you will get it back unless:
- Not showing up at one tournament day forfeits not only the games (i.e. counted as losses), but also 2 Hive of your registration fee (missing one game only costs 0,5 Hive)
- Every Friday 4 to 5 rounds are played, every 15 minutes, according to the schedule announced in the reminder posts; showing not up within 5 minutes forfeits the game
- The player with the White pieces always starts the game
- The time mode is 5+1. Players can agree upfront to a different (time) format (e.g. 3+2 Chess 960), but the game should not take more than 15 minutes!
- Please post all your results in the team chat
- The winner of each match gets 1 point, a draw gives half a point, all points are summed up and the player with the highest total score is the champion
- In case two players have the same number of points, the direct match(es) count. In case this is draw, the one with the more wins scores higher. In case this is equal too, the Neustadtl Sonneborn–Berger score will be applied.
- PAYOUT: 70% of all tournament-related post rewards (and the penalties of missing participations) go to @chesspricepool. The tournament winner will get 30 Hive, the runner-up 10 and the rest of the PP is divided among all players equally (50%) and according to the number of tournament points achieved (50%).
How to challenge a player and kick off a game?
1.Click on the magnifier symbol on the upper right corner of the Lichess site.
2.Type your opponent´s Lichess name (it´s not case sensitive) and click on the "challenge" symbol on the hovering menu!
3.A menu pops up. Ensure that "standard", the correct time format and "rated" is set (unless both players agree upfront otherwise).
4.Once all is set correctly, click on the White king, to start the challenge. As soon as your opponent accepts the challenge, the game starts.
See you tomorrow and Good luck to All!
100 PGM token to send 0.1 PGM three times per day
500 to send and receive 0.1 PGM five times per day
1000 to send and receive 0.1 PGM ten times per day
Support the curation account @ pgm-curator with a delegation 10 HP - 50 HP - 100 HP - 500 HP - 1000 HP
Get votes from @ pgm-curator by paying in PGM, here is a guide
Create a HIVE account with PGM from our discord server, here is a guide
I'm a bot, if you want a hand ask @ zottone444
@stayoutoftherz, You put a lot of thought and great effort into setting up another great hive chess season, I am sure it will go well. I am expecting some big surprises and big success this season :).
I thought the higher rated player sends the Challenge. I'm a bit confused. (Can i just send my opponents a challenge within the time frame). That way, it's easier to prove availability.
It would be interesting to see how it plays out tomorrow.
I'm playing a OTB chess tournament soon. Tomorrow If i arrive at the hotel early, I'd video record my games. !PIZZA
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, initially it was that the higher ranked player challenges, but this might get tricky if both players have similar ratings. With the updated rule, it is more easier to determine who starts.
PIZZA Holders sent $PIZZA tips in this post's comments:
@samostically(2/5) tipped @stayoutoftherz (x1)
You can now send $PIZZA tips in Discord via tip.cc!
Chess game round of @jaki01 will be exciting
✅ Good job. Your post has been appreciated and has received support from CHESS BROTHERS ♔ 💪
♟ We invite you to use our hashtag #chessbrothers and learn more about us.
♟♟ You can also reach us on our Discord server and promote your posts there.
♟♟♟ Consider joining our curation trail so we work as a team and you get rewards automatically.
♞♟ Check out our @chessbrotherspro account to learn about the curation process carried out daily by our team.
The CHESS BROTHERS team
I am ready to play any color 1/2+10=960 or 5+1=960
@falcout @stayoutoftherz @deadleaf @samostically
and let more players join for 10Hive + №Tour to the prize fund
I stick with the originla mode
It is not possible to add players now. That would need a manual rescheduling of all games. If I would do this as a full-time job, maybe, but not at this time.
I changed that in the meantime, had something to to with the scheduling software, so now 1 win is one point.
And late coming players - that´s too complicated to add new players each week. Besides nobody had requested to join still.
From the announcement post I have somehow understood that not showing up at one tournament day forfeits ALL the results, and not only the ones from that day. I wonder if it would be possible that a player could delay the matches from one day if he couldn’t get in the designated time frame.
This is very interesting experiment and I wish you all the best in this type of competition. Hope I will be able to participate in the next one.
No, only from that day of course!
Hi. Result report: I won my three games today.
as luck would have it, the sirens were howling for the whole hour
Do you live in an area where the war is happening?
almost does not hit us, flies past to the capital