Since it's pretty much official that former Titans starting quarterback Marcus Mariota is going to be a Las Vegas Raider, I figured now might be a good time to say one last farewell to the guy.
I am a huge Titans fan! So I am automatically inclined to like pretty much any player that helps the team. While Mariota wasn't the perfect quarterback all the time, he certainly helped the team! He helped this team become a winner when the team was really bad. Every year Mariota was the full time starter (except his final year where he was benched during the sixth game), the team finished at 9-7, a winning team. The few years before Mariota came around, it felt like I would never say the Titans were a winning team ever again!
There is nothing I can really say bad about the guy. He had flaws, sure. But I liked his chill and steady energy. He was a quiet leader that led by example. Every player and coach that speaks about him says he is truly a kind and good person.
Some Memorable Marcus Moments in Tennessee. I may forget some, but I will do my best!
- 2015, Mariota scorches the rival Jaguars on a 87 yard touchdown run to go ahead in the fourth quarter
- 2016-2017 season, Mariota helped lead the Titans to their first winning record in five seasons!
- 2017-2018, Mariota helped lead the Titans to their first playoff appearance in nine seasons! He also helped the Titans win their first playoff game in fourteen seasons! It was a very memorable 18 point comeback victory! This is the game where Mariota caught his own pass for a touchdown!
- 2018-2019. The last season Mariota was the Titans' full time starter for mostly the whole season. Third straight winning season. The one memorable thing I can remember from this season was when Mariota and the Titans beat the visiting and highly favored New England Patriots! The Titans straight up handled the Pats with ease that Sunday, such a great memory!
- Plus many more awesome moments!
All in all, Mariota had a good career in Tennessee! I appreciate every moment he was in two-tone blue! He seems like he was a great leader and person. He represented the team very well! Even when he was benched for Ryan Tannehill this season, he was apparently a very helpful and professional teammate! He wasn't bitter or immature! The team said he helped particularly a lot when the team was about to play Lamar Jackson and the Ravens since Mariota has similar mobility. Apparently he helped a lot because the Titans upset the Ravens that day! So while he didn't play too much in the Titans 2020 playoff run, he certainly did his part to help!
I can't say enough about this guy. Marcus Mariota helped save this franchise! I really believe that!
Marcus Mariota's final stats as a Titan.
- 13,207 Passing Yards
- 88 Total Touchdowns
- 1,399 Rushing Yards
- One Playoff Win
Thank you #8!!! #Titanup for life! Good luck in Las Vegas!!!!