Mario has been jumping around ever since he smashed that world's first Goomba 1-1 in the original Super Mario Bros. game. Now, 35 years after the launch of that title in Japan, Mario stars in new games for the Nintendo Switch console, appears in products from brands such as LEGO, Kinder Joy and Monopoly, and there will even be a festival inspired by Super Mario in Splatoon 2.
In a video presentation released today, Nintendo unveiled a variety of in-game titles, products, and events coming to the occasion of the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. New games for Nintendo Switch family consoles, including Super Mario 3D. All-Stars, a collection of Super Mario games made up of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy; Super Mario Bros. 35, a 35-player online battle with the world of the original Super Mario Bros. as a backdrop; and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, an enhanced edition of the Super Mario 3D World game originally released for the Wii U console.
Also, the video has revealed other ways to enjoy Super Mario that will be available this year, such as Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which brings all the fun of the Mario Kart series to the real world when using the Nintendo Switch console to pilot a real kart; the launch of Super Mario All-Stars, the classic Super NES title, which will be available later today on Nintendo Switch Online; and a new Nintendo product: Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros., a mini-console inspired by the old Game & Watch consoles that allows you to play Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels and Ball.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars: A collection with improved versions of the following 3D Mario games will soon arrive on Nintendo Switch: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. In addition to having higher resolution graphics than the original games, these titles have been optimized for better playability on Nintendo Switch. Super Mario 3D All-Stars also includes a music player with which to listen to the soundtrack of the three games. Players will be able to enjoy the tunes even with the Nintendo Switch console screen turned off. Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be released on September 18 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch family consoles. A limited edition can be purchased in physical format, while the game in digital format can only be purchased for a limited time until the end of March 2021. It is now possible to pre-order Super Mario 3D All-Stars on the Nintendo eShop.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: Jointly developed by Nintendo and Velan Studios, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit allows you to enjoy the Mario Kart series in the real world using a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite ** console to compete with a real kart that responds to the accelerations given in the game, slows down when an object hits you and can be affected in other ways depending on the race. Players place the arches to trace a circuit in their own home, where the only limit is their imagination. Face off against Bowser's minions to grab the cup, unlock ways to customize tracks and costumes for Mario and Luigi, or compete with 3 other players in local multiplayer. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, available with Mario or Luigi kart models, goes on sale October 16.
Super Mario All-Stars: The classic Super NES title includes enhanced versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3, with updated 16-bit graphics. This title joins the catalog of games for Nintendo Switch Online... throughout the day!
- Super Mario Events: From now until March 2021, there will be a variety of events to mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros .:
- Starting at 8:00 AM (UK time) on September 9 and 8:00 AM (UK time) on September 23, Mario Kart Tour will feature a Super Mario Kart season in which Mario (SNES) and Donkey will appear as guest stars. Kong Jr. (SNES), from Super Mario Kart.
- Iconic Super Mario items and other 35th anniversary-inspired merchandise will be added to the My Nintendo Store throughout the remainder of the year.
- In November, a 35th Anniversary-inspired Ninji Time Trial will be added to Super Mario Maker 2.
- In November and December, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will host an in-game online tournament featuring fighters, stages, and items from the Super Mario series.
- Splatoon 2 will join the party with a Super Mario festival in January 2021. Additionally, keyrings will be available on My Nintendo as the festival date approaches. As if that were not enough, it will be possible to buy t-shirts from the Splatoon festival in My Nintendo Store. The crucial question of the next festival is none other than: Which power-up do you like the most, the super mushroom, which makes you giant, or the superstar, which makes you invincible?
- In March of next year, Animal Crossing: New Horizons will feature Super Mario-inspired furniture.
- Super Mario Products: In addition to the events, different products inspired by Super Mario are already available.
- Hasbro's Monopoly Super Mario Celebration is now available in select stores around the world.
- Super Mario products for Kinder Joy are now available.
- The LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System set is now available exclusively in LEGO stores and on the My Nintendo Store, along with various LEGO Super Mario sets, available in stores around the world, including the Starter Pack set.