Sports Betting with crypto and on Blockchain has already come a long way since the start of the previous Bull run, yet it doesn't seem ready yet by a long mile for the next cycle as there are still way too many difficulties that avoid actual adoption.
- Sportbet.one is a great option if you want to bet without having to make an account or deposit straight from your EOS wallet. Similar to Wink.org, they don't provide a solution for lower margins compared to traditional existing bookmakers though.
- All projects that run on Ethereum (Augur | Degens | Betterbetting | SportX | Fairlay | ...) are held back by the impossibly high GAS fees and it doesn't look like there will be a solution anytime soon.
- Wagerr still requires the entire chain to be downloaded which takes forever and bettors need the highly speculative WGR coin to bet with which makes it even more of a hassle. If you are willing to do this, what they offer is quite solid actually.
- Betscorum still by far is the best product around but the devs have made it impossible to have any kind of confidence it's ever going to get anywhere.
- Promesing Projects like Bookiepro on Peerplays still have no product released whatsoever
- Centralized Crypto sportsbooks like Nitrogensports and Sportsbet.io are great for those who rather bet in Crypto instead of Fiat
On to what has been happening in Blockchain Betting Related Projects last month...
The price of REP 2 months ago was 12.81$ and it looks like one of those "buy-the-hype & sell-the-release" types of situations. The price ever since has gone up as high as 25$ and I did manage to get a profitable short term trade in on it selling it the moment it hit the big resistance zone vs BTC.
For as far as Augur v2.0 goes, from what I've seen there is a 20$+ Gas costs in order to create an account that pretty much makes it impossible for me to take this seriously. I will pretty much leave this project aside until the Specific Betting UI gets integrated and won't try it out until the initial transaction fees to get things going drastically comes down.
Casineos was brought to my attention last month which also offers some sports betting so I took a brief look at it. I can't say it in any way impressed me though as you need to register an account first in order to see the odds which by default makes it impossible for me to take a bookie seriously. Using 10minutemail.com, I quickly managed to get on. From what it looks like, the odds only show in American Format (No Decimal) and the offers are very limited with the odds being nothing special. I also honestly don't fully understand the blockchain / decentralized aspect of it since you need to make an account and deposit funds if you want to bet. I also have no clue what it has to do with EOS.
Right now there is simply no valid reason for me to use this platform. I will keep it on my radar though in case this is just a base product with many updates on the way.
Not much news around SBET which went up nicely in price as Dividends increased because of the increase in sports again. They main metric I'm looking at now is if they increase their number of users who took at least 1 bet on their platform weekly (113 Last Week) as volume and dividends right now are way too dependant of a couple of whales.
The really long syncing times on Wagerr after not having opened the app are really annoying and I have a hard time seeing it getting real adoption as long as this is mandatory. The net amount of WGR that has been Minted since the platform went live currently is at 7,546,461 WGR meaning players have managed to beat their odds putting some pressure on the token price. I do plan on using this platform once the Belgian League starts again since some of the odds they have on offer are the best on the market and I have some WGR in my wallet. (I honestly don't think I would go through the hassle in case I had no WGR). The platform itself aside from the syncing does work quite well without suffering from transaction fees and a total of 222k Dollar has been wagered on it last week in total.
Listed Projects (CoinMarketCap)
26/06/2020 --> 29/07/2020
|241||(+13)||Bitbook Gambling||BXK||49.6M||0.1389$ (+33.33%)||156k|
Listed Projects (EOS)
|Degens||ETH||Smart Contract Betting||degens.com|
|Sportx.bet||DAI||Smart Contract Betting||sportx.bet|
|Crypto Sportz||ETH||Smart Contract Betting||cryptosportz.com|
|Gifcoin||GIF||ICO Book Profit Share||gifcoin.io|
Previous Monthly Reports On Blockchain Betting Projects
|June 2020||May 2020||Apr 2020||Mar 2020||Feb 2020||Jan 2020|
|Dec 2019||Nov 2019||Oct 2019||Sep 2019||Aug 2019||July 2019|
|June 2019||May 2019||Apr 2019||Mar 2019||Feb 2019||Jan 2019|
|Dec 2018||Nov 2018||Oct 2018||Sep 2018||Aug 2018||July 2018|
|June 2018||May 2018||Mar 2018||-||-||-|
Posted Using LeoFinance