Liverpool won 3-1 at home to Arsenal in the third week of the English League at Anfield Stadium on Saturday (24/8) local time. The following interesting facts Liverpool vs Arsenal match.
Liverpool secured the victory in front of their own public thanks to Joel Matip's header in the 41st minute and two goals scored by Mohamed Salah (49 ', 58'). While Arsenal scored a consolation goal through the contribution of substitute Lucas Torreira.
This victory makes the port city team perched at the top of the standings by collecting nine points from three matches that have been played. While the Gunners are in second place and three points adrift.
Here are eight interesting facts of the Liverpool vs Arsenal match :
- Liverpool won 12 consecutive wins in the English League which also became their best record in the highest English caste competition. That nick equals a similar record on April 12-October 1990 while still under the care of Kenny Dalglish.
- Since being coached by Juergen Klopp in October 2015, Liverpool have broken Arsenal's goal 26 times from eight meetings in the English League.
- Arsenal failed to win any of 23 away matches at the headquarters of the English League's top six zone (eight draws and 15 defeats). Arsenal's goal conceded 53 goals and only recorded a clean sheet once.
- Since the start of last season, Arsenal have allowed eight penalties. That record is only better than Brighton & Hove Albion who gave 10 penalties to opponents.
- Liverpool have scored 22 goals with headers since the start of last season. This number is seven times more than other teams. This season the Reds have scored three goals with a header.
- Juergen Klopp has met Arsenal eight times in the Premier League and never once felt defeat.
- Mohamed Salah is involved in more goals against Arsenal in the Premier League than any other player. One scored six goals and provided two assists.