Reminder: Round 2 of the Hivechess Tournament S15 , Friday 20h GMT
Dear chess fans!
the second round of S15 is played tomorrow Friday, 10th Mar., at the usual time.
The current standings after the first round you can find here.
It is Swiss time again! So every game you will face a different opponent. And no increment, so better to keep an eye on your time ⏰!
Mode: 4+0 (4 minutes per game, no increment), 9 rounds Swiss tournament
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/swiss/eLiBcHKt
The price pool contains so far 107 Hive!
- Players of all skill levels are welcome, from newbies to experts, you just need a free Lichess-account and join our team in Lichess here (password is "Hive")!
- Every Friday is one round.
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2, 2+1,...), sometimes Swiss, sometimes maybe Chess960 (Fischer Random).
- The winner of each round gets the number of points equaling the number of players in that round, the second ranked one point less and so forth until the one on the bottom of the table who gets one point (i.e. the Lighteye-scoring). In order to be counted, at least 3 games must have been played.
- In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: The tournament points of the 10 rounds are summed up. 70% of all Hivechess-related post rewards go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 25 Hive, the runner-up 20 and the third 10 Hive bonus. The rest of the PP is divided among all players equally (40%) and according to the number of tournament points achieved (60%). Participation in 4 out of the 10 rounds is required in order to qualify for the prices.
- There will be a special price of 5 Hive for the highest performance in relation to the own rating (counted by averaging the rating after the first and the last round, if at least 6 rounds are played).
- There will be a special price of 5 Hive for the highest gain in rating points during the course of the season (if at least 6 rounds are played).
- If I don´t know your Hive username, you won´t be considered for prices, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments! Community or badge accounts can participate but are not qualified for prices! Only individuals can get prices.
Swiss Tournament Rules
As a reminder, there are several differences between the "normal" arena mode and the Swiss mode which needs to be considered:
|Arena tournaments||Swiss tournaments|
|Duration of the tournament||Predefined duration in minutes||Predefined max. rounds, but exact duration unknown|
|Number of games||As many as can be played in the allotted duration||Decided in advance, same for all players|
|Pairing system||Any available opponent with similar ranking||Best pairing based on points and tie breaks|
|Pairing wait time||Fast: doesn't wait for all players||Slow: waits for all players|
|Streaks & Berserk||Yes||No|
|Points||Win:2, Draw 1, doubled if on fire||Win:1, Draw: 1/2, Not paired: 1|
|Late joiners||get no points||get 1/2 point gift|
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
See you tomorrow and good luck to all!
! [Mention List]
Potentially of interest to:
@aakrist @abimbola753 @agreste @artsbreezy01 @ajumaa @alberto0607 @alexmag1988 @almightymelon @alpha @ambarvegas @anadello @andzhi @anli @anomadsoul @apy @arsenal49 @artistparthoroy @astrolabio @awesomeintrigue @b0s @behiver @beyondhorizonmm @bitsignal @burnoutawesome @camiloferrua @cerati @chessbrotherspro @chesthetica @clixmoney @cryptogee @cryptoniusraptor @cryptoph0823 @cryptopi314 @dhilan04 @darruiz @diegofitness92 @digitalis @ebingo @eliaschess333 @elprofe62 @emeka4 @eniolw @eenriquerivas @evgsk @fairy-of-comfort @fcastro177 @fiona777 @flaws @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @frankevor @franu @gabotask @giacomone @gingerbyna @grafo07 @hannes-stoffel @heimindanger @herz-ass @hierro21 @hirohurl @hivetrader @iamchessguy @iammanythings1 @ibizaki @iceblue @iobates @ironshield @jaki01 @jesusmgl1995 @jesustiano @jkms @johannfrare @josesmoke @juanmi96 @justfavour @kaungsett8388 @kintokris @kreur @levitant @lighteye @lofone @lucianosky @maciejficek @maestroask @marcusantoniu26 @mario89 @masterswatch @maverieux000 @meedo @mrsarri @mstafford @mypathtofire @nftland1989 @nikoszzz @officialrosh1 @omonomo @orlanzavala @oshiokhenhoya @pamboy27 @parung76 @perpz @petreius @philipp87 @pokerarema @pokermaria @pravesh0 @primersion @ptmaker @rafaelaquino @renerondon @rexplanet @rheda @rodrook @ropavejero @rosmarly @salomijale @samostically @sanjamkapoors @sawko @schamangerbert @schnitte @soluce07 @solymi @spacetoon @steamloled @steemychicken1 @stranger27 @syndmitrij @the01crow @thedoc07 @therealflaws @timix648 @timofey @tin.aung.soe @tony1294 @tungphong @uliseshb @vaipraonde @vasigo @victorbch2 @vjap55 @volkiceper @walner @wegflexor @xoflox @yazp @zacherybinx @ziabutt3836
(just let me know if you don´t want to get the mentions)
On another note, chess is maybe becoming an Olympic sport finally (currently it is not, here is why). At least Blitz chess was now officially added to the 2023 Olympic Esports event:
I'm probably not going to make it this time. A friend is celebrating the 30th lap around the sun.
Btw that Olypic thing is kinda shameful. Chess got packed in that stupid mobile app, Vii-sports bs they are calling eSports. I mean, it's great that Chess is finally in the Olympics but sadly I don't think it will be taken seriously because of these circumstances. Didn't really track what top players are saying but I would imagine they won't be too interested.
Thanks! I will be
see you on the tournament)
PIZZA Holders sent $PIZZA tips in this post's comments:
@stranger27(1/5) tipped @stayoutoftherz (x1)
You can now send $PIZZA tips in Discord via tip.cc!
Looking forward to it. Nice one.
see you tomorrow!
Looking forward to participating again 🔥🔥
I'm ready for tomorrow! Glad to see that chess is an Olympic sport now, I remember talking about this with my chess friends a lot of years ago.
✅ Good job. Your post has been appreciated and has received support from CHESS BROTHERS ♔ 💪
♟ We invite you to use our hashtag #chessbrothers and learn more about us.
♟♟ You can also reach us on our Discord server and promote your posts there.
♟♟♟ Consider joining our curation trail so we work as a team and you get rewards automatically.
♞♟ Check out our @chessbrotherspro account to learn about the curation process carried out daily by our team.
🥇 If you want to earn profits with your HP delegation and support our project, we invite you to join the Master Investor plan. Here you can learn how to do it.
The CHESS BROTHERS team
More Swiss! I think a season should have 50%-50% Swiss and Arena tournaments.
Checking my notifications now, i noticed that you have been mentioning for days based on #hivechess. Am so sorry for not showing up quickly i should have join the game long time ago but the problem is i gotta lot of things to settle on my table. Am looking ahead to the ending of next month it sounds stupid isn't it ?
Thanks for putting me on lists, how are you doing
Thanks, I am fine. No worries about missing games, nobody is forced to participate . Whenever you are ready, you can join anytime.
Nice gaming but I am planning how I can play this game. Thanks 👍
Just read the announcement post, all rules are listed there:
So, I tried and I understood that chess is not for me no matter if its a digital version or a physical version.