Reminder: Round 3 of the Hivechess Tournament S16 , Friday 20h GMT
Dear chess fans!
the third round of S16 is played tomorrow Friday, 1st Sep., at the usual time.
The current standings after the first 2 rounds you can find here.
It is Swiss time again! Mode: 4+0 (4 minutes per game, 0 sec. increment), 9 rounds Swiss
Tournament Link: https://lichess.org/swiss/NWYB7IA7
The price pool contains already app. 177 Hive!
- All (untitled) players are welcome, also newbies, you just need a free Lichess-account and join our team in Lichess here (password is "Hive")!
- Every Friday is one round.
- Time mode is varying (5+0, 3+2, 2+1,...), sometimes Swiss, sometimes maybe Chess960 (Fischer Random).
- The winner of each round gets the number of points equaling the number of players in that round, the second ranked one point less and so forth until the one on the bottom of the table who gets one point (i.e. the Lighteye-scoring). In order to be counted, at least 3 games must have been played.
- In case two players have the same number of points, the one who played less rounds is first. If that is equal too, then the average tournament performance decides.
- PAYOUT: The tournament points of the 10 rounds are summed up. 65% of all Hivechess-related post rewards go to the price pool (PP). The tournament winner will get 25 Hive, the runner-up 20 and the third 10 Hive bonus. The rest of the PP is divided among all players according to the number of tournament points achieved (60%) and the number of rounds played (40%).
- There will be a special price of 10 Hive for the highest performance in relation to the own rating (counted by averaging the rating after the first and the last round, if at least 6 rounds are played).
- Five randomly selected players that participate in at least 8 of the 10 rounds will get rewarded with 100 LEO each, sponsored by @leofinance (thanks, @anomadsoul!).
- If I don´t know your Hive username, you won´t be considered for prices, so please let me know your Hive name in the comments! Titled players, community or badge accounts can participate but are not qualified for prices! Only individuals can get prices.
Swiss Tournament Rules
As a reminder, there are several differences between the "normal" arena mode and the Swiss mode which needs to be considered:
|Arena tournaments||Swiss tournaments|
|Duration of the tournament||Predefined duration in minutes||Predefined max. rounds, but exact duration unknown|
|Number of games||As many as can be played in the allotted duration||Decided in advance, same for all players|
|Pairing system||Any available opponent with similar ranking||Best pairing based on points and tie breaks|
|Pairing wait time||Fast: doesn't wait for all players||Slow: waits for all players|
|Points||Win:2, Draw 1||Win:1, Draw: 1/2, Not paired: 1|
|Late joiners||get no points||get 1/2 point gift|
Please share this announcement among your (chess) friends and colleagues!
The more participate, the more fun! And maybe some are even interested to join Hive and it´s Chess Community?
See you tomorrow and good luck to all!
! [Mention List]
Potentially of interest to:
@aakrist @abimbola753 @acidtiger @agreste @aiuna @alucian @artsbreezy01 @ajumaa @alberto0607 @alexmag1988 @almightymelon @alpha @ambarvegas @anadello @andzhi @anli @anomadsoul @apy @arsenal49 @artistparthoroy @astrolabio @awesomeintrigue @b0s @behiver @beyondhorizonmm @bitsignal @burnoutawesome @camiloferrua @cerati @chessbrotherspro @chesthetica @clixmoney @cryptogee @cryptoniusraptor @cryptoph0823 @cryptopi314 @dhilan04 @darruiz @diegofitness92 @digitalis @ebingo @eliaschess333 @elprofe62 @emeka4 @eenriquerivas @elcholitosanto @engilhramn @evgsk @fcastro177 @fiona777 @flaws @foxconnmars @franciscomarval @franu @gabotask @giacomone @gingerbyna @grafo07 @hannes-stoffel @heimindanger @herz-ass @hierro21 @hirohurl @hivetrader @iamchessguy @iammanythings1 @ibizaki @iceblue @iobates @ironshield @jaki01 @jesusmgl1995 @jesustiano @jkms @johannfrare @josesmoke @juanmi96 @justfavour @kaungsett8388 @kintokris @kreur @levitant @lighteye @lofone @lucianosky @maciejficek @marcusantoniu26 @mario89 @masterswatch @maverieux000 @mdasein @meedo @memess @mrsarri @mstafford @mundharmonika @mundocuriosidad @mypathtofire @nftland1989 @nikoszzz @oadissin @officialrosh1 @og-gamershub @olujay @omonomo @orlanzavala @oshiokhenhoya @pamboy27 @parung76 @perpz @petreius @philipp87 @pokerarema @pokermaria @pravesh0 @primersion @ptmaker @rafaelaquino @rafzat @razzor @renerondon @rexplanet @rheda @rodrook @ropavejero @rosmarly @salomijale @samostically @sanjamkapoors @schamangerbert @schnitte @soluce07 @solymi @spacetoon @steamloled @steemychicken1 @stranger27 @syndmitrij @the01crow @thedoc07 @therealflaws @timix648 @timofey @tin.aung.soe @tony1294 @tungphong @uliseshb @vaipraonde @vasigo @victorbch2 @vjap55 @volkiceper @walner @wegflexor @xoflox @yazp @zacherybinx @ziabutt3836
(just let me know if you don´t want to get the mentions)
On another note, there were some breaking news in the Niemann-Chess-Cheating scandal. Maybe you remember all the crazyness and fuzz created, when Magnus Carlsen first (indirectly) claimed that Niemann has been cheating (after having lost a classical OTB game at the Sinquefield Cup against him), and chess.com indeed showed some proof for cheating when Niemann was 12 and 16y old (in online games) and then Nieman filed a $100 million defamation lawsuit against Carlsen, chess.com and Hikaru Nakamura (who did some dramatizing videos about the topic).
It seems now that all parties had agreed to move forward without any further litigations, in a mutual acceptable agreement outside of court. Chess.com said that Niemann's account has been reinstated and he is welcome to play at future events.
"I look forward to competing against Magnus in chess rather than in court", Niemann said in a
And Magnus is quoted having said "I am willing to play Niemann in future events, should we be paired together."